The Giant Superman Podcast is where Jon M Wilson and Bob Fisher take a look back at the Silver Age of Superman via the giant annual collections published by DC. Giant Superman episodes are published monthly.
In this first giant episode, Jon and Bob set out to take a look at the stories from giant Superman Annual 1, published on June 23, 1960, but they only make it halfway through. Stories discussed are as follows, with thanks to Mike’s Amazing World of Comics for publication information:
- “Superman’s First Exploit”Edmond Hamilton (Writer) Wayne Boring (Penciller) Stan Kaye (Inker) Reprinted From: Superman #106 (1956)
- “The Witch of Metropolis”Otto Binder (Writer) Kurt Schaffenberger (Artist) Reprinted From: Superman’s Girl Friend, Lois Lane #1 (1958)
- “The Supergirl from Krypton”Otto Binder (Writer) Al Plastino (Artist) Reprinted From: Action Comics #252 (1959)
- “A Visit from Superman’s Pal” Otto Binder (Writer) Curt Swan (Penciller) Ray Burnley (Inker) Reprinted From: Superboy #55 (1957)
- “The Girl in Superman’s Past”Bill Finger (Writer) Wayne Boring (Penciller) Stan Kaye (Inker) Reprinted From: Superman #129 (1959)
Look forward to the second episode, covering the rest of the annual, on February 29!