The Giant Superman Podcast is where Jon M Wilson and Bob Fisher take a look back at the Silver Age of Superman via the giant annual collections published by DC. Giant Superman episodes are published monthly.
In this third giant episode, Jon and Bob begin a look at the stories from giant Superman Annual 2, published on November 10, 1960, but they only make it halfway through like last time, and that may just be the standard format. Stories discussed are as follows, with thanks to Mike’s Amazing World of Comics for publication information:
- “The Invulnerable Enemy” Otto Binder (Writer) Wayne Boring (Penciller) Stan Kaye (Inker) Reprinted From: Action Comics #226 (1957)
- “The Menace of Metallo”Robert Bernstein (Writer) Al Plastino (Artist) Reprinted From: Action Comics #252 (1959)
- “Titano the Super-Ape”Otto Binder (Writer) Wayne Boring (Penciller) Stan Kaye (Inker) Reprinted From: Superman #127 (1959)
- “The Thing from 40,000 A.D.”Bill Finger (Writer) Wayne Boring (Penciller) Stan Kaye (Inker) Reprinted From: Superman #87 (1954)
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Superman Forever Radio
- Trentus Magnus Punches Reality, featuring a 13-part BvS megaseries talking about Batman and Superman comic, including a 3-part retrospective on Man of Steel
- Long Play
- The New 52 Adventures of Superman, with a soon new episode featuring discussion of the first hardcover of the Truth storyline
- Captain America project with Michael Bailey still forthcoming, so stay tuned, but it will be a part of Views from the Longbox
You can email us now! But I’m not gonna hot link cuz spammers are evil. But feel free to send your real live missives to giant superman podcast at gmail dot com. Or just comment below, and your comment will appear next time I’m on the site to moderate those same evil spammers.
Look forward to a special episode on April 15, where Jon and Bob are joined by some friends to share thoughts on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice!
And THEN the fourth episode, covering the rest of the second annual, on April 30!